Program Project Manager
Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Job posting number: #7122692 (Ref:cj_91423)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Bring your program project management experience!
- Work in a supportive team to investigate engineering biology challenges!
- Join Australia’s National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIROs Future Science Platforms (FSPs) represent an investment in science that underpins innovation and can help reinvent and create new industries for Australia.
The Advanced Engineering Biology FSP was established to investigate the challenges holding engineering biology back from realising its positive impact on the environment, society and industries.
We are seeking a Program Project Manager with an interest in engineering biology and strong planning, coordination and communication skills.
As the Program Project Manager, you will work with the FSP Director, executive team and staff to manage day-to-day FSP operations with a focus on managing processes, project management timelines, coordinating internal/external reporting and facilitating communication, both within the FSP and with external stakeholders. You will also lead the logistical organisation of FSP events including workshops and assist the FSP leadership team to manage budgets and communication strategies.
Your duties will include:
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring processes that ensure the effective operation of the Advanced Engineering Biology FSP.
- Maintaining oversight of FSP timelines and budgets adhering to CSIRO policies and processes.
- Managing projects via project management monitoring and reporting systems.
- Coordinating internal and external reviews of projects, responses to information requests, and reporting.
- Planning, coordinating, and helping to facilitate key FSP workshops and meetings, and logistical planning of FSP events.
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in project management, including planning, monitoring and reporting and experience engaging with stakeholders across all levels, including senior leadership.
- A demonstrated ability to independently manage complex workflows/timelines to meet deadlines.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident, or Australian Temporary Resident currently residing in Australia, with an existing valid visa and unrestricted work rights to cover the full duration of the specified term (30 June 2025), and no requirement for visa sponsorship.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
17 February 2023, 11:00 pm AEST
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.