COVID Response Coordinator
Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Job posting number: #7122693 (Ref:cj_91447)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
Leading our response in the dynamic and complex COVID landscape the COVID Response Coordinator is responsible for effectively coordinating and implementing our COVID management framework. This role will demonstrate exceptional stakeholder engagement and management as you continuously assess the risks and appropriate pathways to navigate the complexities of remote ocean research voyages with the challenges presented by COVID. You will work collaboratively with vessel users, program staff, ship management contractors, and the Engineering and Technology Program to support the RS&C team and best practice delivery in this crucial area.
Your duties will include:
As part of a dynamic and flexible team, under the specific direction of the Ship Management Program management team, the COVID Response Coordinator will:
- Manage the planning for, and execution of, COVID management activities for Research Vessel (RV) Investigator:
- Investigate and determine appropriate processes for interstate voyage activities, including development and implementation of relevant documentation or guidance material.
- Engage with MNF medical service provider to coordinate COVID testing process and scheduling for upcoming voyages.
- Maintain COVID management framework documentation to ensure it remains relevant and effective.
- Develop new protocols as situations change.
- Coordinate the MNF COVID Response Team to revise practices and, where required, effectively respond to changes in the COVID environment. This will include the implementation of, and relevant communications about, changes to processes and documentation.
- Engage with MNF internal and external stakeholders to develop and manage relationships through:
- Engage with service providers, contractors and stakeholders on a range of situations to ensure the COVID management is clearly understood and accurately communicated.
- Effectively communicate complex information to various audiences ensuring optimal outcomes.
- Adapt and respond to uncertainty and ill-defined situations.
- Work adaptively, positively and collaboratively as a member of the MNF and other teams and seeking advice and direction as required.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU$104,778-$113,388 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Term to 31st of December 2023.
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of COVID-19 related management framework and practices on a research vessel such as Investigator, including quarantine, screening activities and fit out and response measures.
- Demonstrated experience in developing briefs and options papers for COVID management, providing complex high-level support and advice to senior management and effective client and staff liaison in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated superior stakeholder engagement and management skills and the desire to collaborate in a dynamic team environment in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team, preferably in a marine or facility environment and pertaining to delivery of health services.
- Ability to project manage/coordinate to deliver logistical, operational and technical requirements under tight timeframes with competing priorities.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to HSE and continuous improvement and the ability to prepare and apply appropriate documentation and procedures for specific activities.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16th February 2023, 11:00pm AEST
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.